Wednesday 4 July 2012

James Goodchild CD Case/Digipack

Here are my mock designs that I came up with for the front and back cover for a non-existant Spandau Ballet album:




I went for a Black and Gold colour scheme which I think emphasises the meaning of the album title. Having a man staring straight into the lens shows that he is directly connected with the album, but this is contrasted by only seeing half his face. I added a Gold tint to his face with a Golden Glow behind him giving a sense of depth while adding a bit more interest to the overall cover.
On the back I added a made up track list using a user generated list of Spandau Ballet's top songs. Behind the titles I added a show of a street in black and white but with one house highlighted with a Golden glow. Because the album's name is 'Coming Home' I thought that it gave the album itself it's own story and added further interest to the album.
At the bottom I added a Warner Bros logo as a record label, a generated barcode (I Googled Barcode Generator and used the first link), I then blagged some text in the middle about when it was produced and other information.

No comments:

Post a Comment